Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, October 18, 2013

Leading Innovative Change Series – Narrow Your Focus | Connected Principals

Leading Innovative Change Series – Narrow Your Focus | Connected Principals:

Leading Innovative Change Series – Narrow Your Focus

October 19, 2013
By 
I wanted to try my hand at writing a series of blog posts on “Leading Innovative Change.” As I am looking at writing a book on the same topic, I thought I would put some ideas out there and hopefully learn from others on these topics. I also want to give these ideas away for free. These posts are for anyone in education, but are mostly focused on school administrators. In all of these, the idea that administrators openly model their learning will only accelerate a culture of innovation and risk-taking.  You can read the first three posts in the series:
1. Learning First, Technology Second
2. A New Staff Experience3. Excellence Lies Within

cc licensed ( BY SA ) flickr photo shared by GeorgeRexTA [at] gmail…
My first year as a principal, I was pretty excited about all of the opportunities that technology provided my staff.  There were so many awesome websites and tools that were out there, that we would be crazy not to take full advantage of all of the FREE stuff that was provided.  Anything that I could get my hands on, I would share with my staff.  Twitter had so many great links being shared