Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

10-16-13 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:

787219060214658_a-052f1ee4_9qVRUg_pm
"Building a Community of Self-Motivated Learners: Strategies for Teaching Resilience, Respect, and Responsibility" is the tentative title of my next book. It will be the third in my student motivation "trilogy.




Resources From All My Blogs
In addition to this blog, I regularly post at several other sites: Engaging Parents In School: Weekly Posts At Classroom Q & A With Larry Ferlazzo: Weekly Posts At The New York Times Learning Network on Teaching English Language Learners: Periodic Posts at Edutopia: All My Class Blogs: Class Blog: Beginner & Intermediate ELD Class Blog: ESL/EFL Student Showcase Class Blog: Intermediate EL


“How Can We Help Students Develop A Desire To Read At Home?”
How Can We Help Students Develop A Desire To Read At Home? is the new “question of the week” at my Education Week Teacher column. Feel free to leave your responses there or here in the comments….


Infographic: “Halloween Pop-Costume Index”
I’m adding this infographic to The Best Websites For Learning About Halloween: by lglynn. Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.
Excellent Infographic On The UN Universal Declaration Of Human Rights
I’ve previously posted about how I use the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights, and other resources, in a lesson on the Bill of Rights. Zen Pencils has just created this excellent infographic of the Declaration — with simplified language — which is a great resources for that kind of lesson. I’ve embedded it below, but don’t think it will come through on an RSS Reader: I’m adding it to The

10-15-13 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: Interview With David Deubelbeiss From EFL Classroom 2.0Last month, I posted The Best Three Sites On The Web For ESL/EFL/ELL/ELT Teachers. I’ve since interviewed the people behind each of those sites, and will be publishing them over the next few weeks. I’m beginning with David Deubelbeiss, the founder of EFL Classroom 2.0: