Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Adell Cothorne Speaks! | EduShyster

Adell Cothorne Speaks! | EduShyster:

Adell Cothorne Speaks!



Whistleblower Adell Cothorne reflects on Rhee, Ravitch and why she’s in the fight to save public education
DC principal, whistleblower and cupcake baker Adell Cothorne.
Now some of you may know my story. For those of you who don’t, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Adell Cothorne.  I am a former District of Columbia Public School (DCPS) principal.  If my name sounds vaguely familiar, it’s because I garnered some national attention when I filed a whistleblower’s lawsuit against DCPS in regards to alleged test tampering by members of my school staff. But enough about me (for now). I recently had the opportunity to hear the views of two women who currently have a significant impact on education and I’d like to tell you about it.
Who were the two women, you ask?  None other than Michelle Rhee and Diane Ravitch. The fact that these two women were speaking in the city of Philadelphia within 24 hours of each other was significant. Two