Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 12, 2013

9-12-13 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:






Ten minute drawing. Rahm reaches out to teachers union.
  Click on image to enlarge.


I say that the NY results are making Rahm nervous and people say I’m crazy.
. It’s not the first time I’ve been told I don’t know what I’m talking about. Yesterday I posted a report about the New York mayoral primary in which a progressive Democrat soundly beat the Bloomberg mini-me, Council Speaker Christine Quinn. Quinn, we were told 18 months ago, had a lock on the election. I took encouragement from the results. Not just for my friends and family who have chosen to l



9-11-13 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: Reign of Error. Diane Ravtich’s documentation of bad education policy.A group of us went to hear Dr. Diane Ravitch last night. She gave a lecture to a filled Hammerschmidt Memorial Chapel at Elmhurst College. Her lecture, like her latest book Reign of Error, is a dagger in the heart of current corpora