Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 5, 2013

Zach Lipp – Student Voice Live! Student Voice

Student Voice:

Zach Lipp – Student Voice Live!



Last weekend, I had the amazing opportunity to attend Student Voice Live! and it was an adventure.
Let’s back up. For the past few months, I’ve been involved with a bustling grassroots education reform movement called Student Voice. I encourage you to read more about my involvement if you’re interested. Long story short, thanks to funding from Dell, the organization planned a “student voice summit” to highlight the student voice in New York. I mildly assisted the planning efforts for the conference, and I was delighted to hear that Student Voice wanted me to continue my commitment by speaking on a “think tank” (essentially Dell’s term for “panel”) during the conference. Thanks to funding from Concordia, I was able to participate.
Traveling on Friday morning was about as exciting as it could get. I inadvertently flew out of Fargo with some former classmates of mine who were competing in the International Public Policy Forum, a competition which I competed in during high school. (Unlike my team, this team won it!) On the short flight to Minneapolis (where all of us had a connection), I was astonished by how different my experience in New York would be compared to the weekend facing these students. I had no adult supervisors. I had little idea what I would say. Hell, I
- See more at: http://www.stuvoice.org/2013/07/05/zach-lipp-student-voice-live/?utm_source=feedly#sthash.XrkJinAJ.dpuf