Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saturday coffee. | Fred Klonsky

Saturday coffee. | Fred Klonsky:




Fred Said @NEARA2013 - Fred Klonsky
New Business Item 12. | Fred Klonsky: TODAYNew Business Item 12.NEA will send a letter to the National Conference of State Legislatures urging legislators of its member states to take the standardized tests of the state in which they live, especially when such tests are required as part of a “high stakes” environment in which portions of teacher evaluations are based on student test scores. The le

 Saturday coffee.
I’m drinking coffee from a paper cup in the ballroom of the Omni Hotel in Atlanta. It is the last day of the annual meeting of the NEA. Tomorrow morning I fly home. Sweet home. I’m ready. As a retired delegate I had the privilege of doing all this for longer since they hold the annual Retired Conference for three days prior to the start of the Representative Assembly. But being with the my retired
Reprint: My Richard Mell moment.
In the days after Harold Washington’s death, Alderman Richard Mell rises to help the Chicao Machine stage a City Hall coup. Chicago Alderman Richard Mell announced the other day that he was retiring from his City Council job. He has been Alderman for 38 years and his retirement was not unexpected. This is a post I ran in February. I may have told you about my Richard Mell moment before. But in ca