Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Daily Kos: thoughts of perhaps no particular value

Daily Kos: thoughts of perhaps no particular value:


but I will take the risk they might speak to someone other than me.
I offer them as I sit in my local Starbucks, where I probably spend too much time.  As a shy extravert, I like to be among people even when I am not directly interacting with them.  It keeps me connected with the world outside my own mind.
And yet, it is through my mind - and my senses, and my heart - that I connect with the rest of the world.
The focus of this reflection  is the attempt at wholeness, at integration  of mind and body and heart and soul, and where, after more than 67 years on this planet, I now find myself on that journey towards wholeness.
Come along for the read if you think it might be of value.  I will be honored if you do.
I was recently asked to do a piece on reflection as a teacher for the website of a professional educational association.  I noted in my draft (on which I still labor) that I have spent much of