Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 14, 2013

UPDATE: CPS budget bomb. Students will need to bring their own toilet paper. | Fred Klonsky

CPS budget bomb. Students will need to bring their own toilet paper. | Fred Klonsky:


The wind and windex for the smoke and mirrors.

179740_10151521315578191_1033487619_n

Tony at the Red Line Tap.

936402_10201374641426596_1712101610_n
“Happy birthday, Klonsky,” said Marty as I sat down at the bar.
“Thank you, m’am. I have a taste for a bottle of the Nankasi from Eugene Oregon.”
“Got some. I like it too.”
Tony kept his eyes on the TV. It was showing highlights from the Blackhawk marathon against the Bruins.
“Of course you didn’t watch,” said Tony.
“Of course I didn’t.”
“You’re a sad piece of shit, Klonsky. Spending your birthday sitting next do me at the Red Line.”
“I can’t think of anywhere else I would want to be and nobody else I would rather be with,” I said. “I just got back from the doctor and he was totally happy with me. I’m down 20 pounds from a year ago. In fighting shape. In fact 

CPS budget bomb. Students will need to bring their own toilet paper.

toilet-paper
There will be fewer dollars for art in Chicago schools.
The promises by Rahm that a longer school day would expand the curriculum is a lie.
Another Rahm Emanuel lie.
There will be less money available for music.
There will be no money for toilet paper.
Over the past few days word has emerged about massive school budget cuts.
Massive cuts.
Amundsen High School’s 2013-14 budget is $780,000 lower than 2012-13,
Roosevelt High School  is down $1 million. Lincoln’s is down a million.
Catalyst reports that while CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett is