Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 31, 2013

Daily Kos: Leaves on the Current - the progress continues

Daily Kos: Leaves on the Current - the progress continues:

Leaves on the Current - the progress continues

I did not post an update last Sunday because there was nothing knew to report about my wife's continued recovery from dealing with her blood cancer.  I am posting a bit early this week because I will be leaving this morning for a college reunion, so this seemed like an appropriate time.
This is her week off from chemotherapy.  Her last dose was taken Monday night.  Normally Tuesday and Wednesday of the off week have been her toughest days, with a beginning to return towards a calmer situation starting on Thursday.  But this week was somewhat different.
As those who follow me on Facebook or Twitter know, on Wednesday she not only worked a complete 10 hour day in her office, she worked some extra time as well.  Yesterday she also worked a complete day, and was actually in her office for longer, but was able to have a leisurely lunch with a co-worker.  I finally picked her up a bit after 9 PM, about 12 hours after I had dropped her off, and we celebrated a bit - she had a bowl of gazpacho at the National Democratic Club where I am a member, and since she was more than 48 hours away from