Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, May 25, 2013

@ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER

@ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER:









A preliminary taste: #optout #refusal map based on survey data


Very glad to see @chrislhayes inviting Karen Lewis onto his show #inners

Here’s a link to the video. Now, catch her again on At the Chalk Face, this Sunday, at 6PM EST, for the rest of the story.

@rweingarten fantastic at one key thing: triangulation #AFT

It’s something I could never do: talk out of multiple sides of my mouth. I try not to have it many ways, but one, the way I know and feel is right. Granted, we all do things that run counter or contrary to that of our employers. We seek a balance. Many of us do […]

No More KINGS!

Over the last few weeks, my first graders have watched this Schoolhouse Rock video at least a dozen times. They would excitedly request a viewing nearly every day.
Why did they like it so much? Honestly, they LOVED the part where the colonist sticks his tongue out at the King! Of course they did-they are first graders!
Each day as I watched along with them, I thought of those that would destroy public schools with their bundles of money that have been stolen from the very children they pretend to be helping. I thought of the irony associated with the title and the name of NY’s Commissioner of Education who has decided that he will NOT listen to the people. I thought of the revolution that has grown among the parents in NYS.
This is dedicated to everyone out there fighting the fight to save public education!