Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 15, 2013

UPDATE: Special Education Op-Ed Seattle Schools Community Forum: Seattle Schools This Week

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Seattle Schools This Week:



Special Education Op-Ed

This op-ed by Mary Griffin on disproportionate discipline of Special Ed students appeared in the Seattle Times this weekend (I haven't read it because I don't have a subscription and I maxed out my monthly reading).  

Another link related to this piece are here (the Special Ed Advocacy & Advisory Council webpage).


Seattle Schools This Week

It's a quiet week for SPS because of Spring Break.

The City has a survey about your use of the Internet, cable tv and city communications.  It might be good to take it as it may influence what kind of access to technology may be available in our city.

Transportation is doing a survey about flipping start times.  I received word about this from several readers and it appears to be aimed only at elementary parents.  I did not see this until after the end of the business day on Friday so I could not ask SPS who received it and why.

Saturday, April 20th

Memorial service for the late Cheryl Chow at Town Hall at 10:30 am.  This is likely to be quite crowded so be