Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday coffee. | Fred Klonsky

Saturday coffee. | Fred Klonsky:





Saturday coffee.

Quinn_Chapel_AME_Church,_2401_South_Wabash_Avenue,_Chicago_(Cook_County,_Illinois)

Quinn Memorial AME Church.
I can’t linger over my coffee and Bob’s Red Mill hot cereal this morning.
I have to head over to Quinn Memorial Chapel on South Wabash.
Congressmen Bobby Rush and Danny Davis are holding hearings on Rahm’s plan to close more than 50 Chicago public schools next year.
It is the largest public school destruction in American history.
I suppose that strictly speaking, the fact that Rahm is blowing up Chicago schools is not a federal issue of concern to Congressmen.
And as a local issue, maybe Congressmen Rush and Davis are not experts on all the issues surrounding school closings in Chicago. Their hometown.
To their credit, they are responding to issues of concern to their constituents. Wanting to understand it better,


Songs I can play on my ukulele.
 
 

I Don’t Like Mondays.
Popout




Congressmen Rush and Davis’ Chicago hearings on school closings.

April 20, 2013. Quinn Chapel. Chicago.
IMG_0279



Chicago student movement against closings. Whose schools? Their schools!

Popout