Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: I feel Rahm's pain

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: I feel Rahm's pain:


I feel Rahm's pain

Try this Mr. Mayor
The mayor says closing 54 schools and displacing 30,000 students has been "very difficult" for him. 
Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Saturday said the “difficult” decision to close 54 Chicago elementary schools was not a matter officials took lightly.There is a lot of anguish and I understand that and I appreciate it,” said Emanuel, who appeared to have windburn from his Utah skiing trip. -- Sun-Times
My first thought upon hearing about the mayor's discomfort over the school closings decision was, maybe we should cancel Wednesday's mass protest rally at Daley Plaza in order to give him time to heal his face. After all, just think what he and his family have already been through. I mean, the whole school closing thing coming right on top of the book-banning fiasco would be enough to ruin anyone's ski trip. How could we be so insensitive as to hold a protest and do mass civil disobedience across the city so soon after his vacation

I know I've always hated having to jump back into the rat race the next day after a restful vacation. Not to