Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Guess the grade level of this Common Core homework. – @ the chalk face

Guess the grade level of this Common Core homework. – @ the chalk face:


Guess the grade level of this Common Core homework.

525350_4597216456332_477444975_n
Scroll down beyond my brief rant to find the answer.
Let me start off by saying that I believe in challenging my 7th grade students and want the same for my own children.  There is a significant difference between getting kids to strive beyond the basics and crossing the line to complete a task that is inappropriate for a certain age group.
At the Chalkface has explored the issue of the Common Core and its appropriateness a great deal recently. Kris Nielsen showed us a sample of student work  and I did a piece about my son’s second grade math homework.  I