Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Rainier Beach High School Flyer

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Rainier Beach High School Flyer:


Rainier Beach High School Flyer

I got a promotional flyer from Rainier Beach High School. It came on an email from the Rainier Beach family support worker/marketing coordinator Virginia Owens.



Here is the flyer:
While I support the efforts of Rainier Beach High School to notify families about their programs and to promote them. I support the assignment of "marketing coordinator" duties to someone at Rainier Beach (though I think Director DeBell would be uncomfortable with it).

That said, I'm not crazy about this flyer (see comments).

The flyer was attached to an email sent on February 6 (the day before the first school tour). Owens, in the sig file of her email, gives her personal email address rather than her seattleschools.org email address and it promotes