Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Zak Malamed: Q & A With Suli Breaks Student Voice

Student Voice:


Zak Malamed: Q & A With Suli Breaks

Student Voice founding organizer Zak Malamed sits down with Suli Breaks for a Q and A:

Popout
Q: In your video, you provided us with a deeper understanding of the different perspectives students hear when pursuing a degree. How did these perspectives influence your education?
A: They opened my eyes up to what TRUE education is, something I think I failed to acknowledge as a student. That was one of the primary reasons of me doing the poem. To highlight things that I neglected as a student, to other students, and hopefully allow them to gain the most from their education experience.
Q: At the time of this interview, your video has over 1.5 million views. As a student, when did you realize the value of exercising your voice? Do you wish you spoke your mind more as a student?
A: I feel that I realised the value of exercising my voice, after finishing school, hence  the videos. That discovery made me