Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 4, 2013

Mother Crusader: Who's First? Certainly Not Students...

Mother Crusader: Who's First? Certainly Not Students...:


Who's First? Certainly Not Students...

While I LOVED reading Joy Resmovitz's report about Democrats jumping the StudentsFirst ship, I had the hardest time following it.  I think it was because there were so many unnamed sources and so many reformers unwilling to speak on the record. As I read I kept wondering what these people were so damn afraid of.

By my count, two would not speak on the record:
Sevugan declined to comment on the record...
and
But others were more blunt about the shift. "It gets tiresome to have to defend who we are," said a senior SF officer, who declined to speak on the record.
And there were four unnamed sources: (all emphases mine)
"There were known to be some significant differences on