Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Education in the Age of Globalization » Blog Archive » More Questions about the Common Core: Response to Marc Tucker

Education in the Age of Globalization » Blog Archive » More Questions about the Common Core: Response to Marc Tucker:


More Questions about the Common Core: Response to Marc Tucker

I have been waiting for a serious conversation about the sensibility of the Common Core State Standards Initiative with its staunch supporters. I am thus very pleased to read Marc Tucker’s response to my five questions about the Common Core. I am honored that Tucker considers my questions worth responding to. His response, while thoughtful and more nuanced than the usual slogan-shouting, emotion-arousing, and fear-mongering evidence-deprived commercials put forth by some instigators and supporters of the Common Core like this one, did not really answer my questions.  But it did ...