Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 24, 2012

The people’s choice. My ten most popular posts of 2012. « Fred Klonsky

The people’s choice. My ten most popular posts of 2012. « Fred Klonsky:


The people’s choice. My ten most popular posts of 2012.

If blog traffic continues the way it has been going, I should reach a million site visits by the end of March.
In the mean time, here are the ten most viewed posts of 2012.
Ebert recants his review of “Waitng for Superman.”
Who doesn’t like Roger Ebert?
First of all, he’s a local Chicago guy. I once took a class of his at the University of Chicago extension on silent movies.
He almost made it interesting.
In my book, his advocacy of small films, indie films, off-beat films and progressive politics places him along side legendary Chicago journalists such as Mike Royko and Studs Terkel (he was friends with both when they were alive).
 Getting everyone to the table.
I was not reassured by Governor Quinn’s budget speech.
Luckily he only has two sides of his mouth.
That seems to have created a limit on the number of different positions on pension reform that the