Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: Marooned In a Blizzard of Lies

Jersey Jazzman: Marooned In a Blizzard of Lies:


Marooned In a Blizzard of Lies

Once, again, I sense a pattern:

Gary Rubinstein takes on the claims of Wendy Kopp [all emphases mine unless noted]:   

So it was with great surprise that I read an interview with Wendy in The Huffington Post where she said “On average, our corps members stay in the classroom for eight years.”  When I first read this, I assumed that she simply misspoke, like when she said in a speech at Harvard that only 3% of alumni are in the private sector, while that number, according to one of my TFA contacts (who is probably deflating the number his/herself) says that Wendy should have said it was 16% with 3% being specifically in business.
But reading over the reaction to this claim and also her responses on Twitter, she is standing by