Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

All Things Education: Sandy Hook: Celebrating Lives in the Midst of Death

All Things Education: Sandy Hook: Celebrating Lives in the Midst of Death:


Sandy Hook: Celebrating Lives in the Midst of Death


As my husband and I were reading about and processing the news from Newtown, Connecticut my husband pointed me to Dawn Hochsprung’s twitter feed. “People should read that,” he said. I kind of shrugged. I am quite an active user but after reading this 2011 New York Times article I have mixed feelings about social media and what happens with it when we die. Even though twitter feeds are (mostly) public, I feel as if I am vaguely invading someone’s privacy when I look at the feeds of the living, let alone the deceased. But still, I looked.

This was the tweet that really got to me:

Sandy Hook students enjoy the rehearsal for our 4th grade winter concert - a talented group led by