Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Teachers Teach and Do The World Good [Why We Write Series] | The Jose Vilson

Teachers Teach and Do The World Good [Why We Write Series] | The Jose Vilson:


Teachers Teach and Do The World Good [Why We Write Series]


KRS-One
My lunch period usually consists of a walk around the way with a strawberry-banana-mango protein shake and a baked empanada, enough to hold me over until five o’clock dinner, usually uninterrupted by the passersby, especially not a former student yelling my name for the entire neighborhood to hear.
“Oh my God, is that who I think it is?”
I push my Kangol a little lower, smile quietly, and keep walking, fully expecting to remain anti-social for my “duty-free” break.
I didn’t. He runs over and says, “Mr. VILSON!” and throws