Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Daily Kos: Saturday morning reflection

Daily Kos: Saturday morning reflection:


Saturday morning reflection

even though I am no longer in the classroom.  If I were, I would have completed one week with students, and this weekend would be devoted to calling all of their parents, who by now might have heard strange (but true) tales about this guy teaching Government to their children.
Yes, there is some sadness that I am not in the classroom, but at the time I made the decision to take the buyout and retire it was the correct decision.  I did not have the passion, nor the necessary love and openness, to teach with the kind of integrity I needed to.  Ultimately it was that, and not changes in educational policy nor restrictions in what I could do within my classroom that was the ultimate decider for me to step aside.
During this summer I have reflected on what it is I want to do with what is left of my life.  I have reinstated my


So, Mitt, what do you really believe?

All politicians flip-flop from time to time; but Mr Romney could win an Olympic medal in it
And the title and the words are from this piece in The Economist, not exactly a bastion of progressive thinking.The piece is subtitled Too much about the Republican candidate for the presidency is far too mysterious
I urge you to read and pass on the pass,  and to encourage you I will quote exactly one paragraph more:
But competence is worthless without direction and, frankly, character. Would that Candidate Romney had indeed presented himself as a solid chief executive who got things done. Instead he has appeared as a fawning PR man, apparently willing to do or say just about anything to get