Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, June 23, 2012

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Digital Educators Needed For 21st Century Digital Learners!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Digital Educators Needed For 21st Century Digital Learners!:


Digital Educators Needed For 21st Century Digital Learners!

 About ten years ago, I took a course in instructional technology and fell in love. There is absolutely no way I could go back to teaching the way I used to. I realize I am fortunate. I teach in a school with laptops, (even though I would love Ipads), we have two computer labs, and approximately 4-5 classroom computers in each room. But, we didn't always have these resources, and I still found a way, to not only educate, but to engage my students, digitally.
I am not a digital native by any means. I am 52 years old and have been teaching for 27 years. I am the teacher people assume is scared to touch a computer for fear of contracting a virus. I am the teacher they assume has dust gathering on the classroom computers like moss on a stone.I am the teacher they assume says playfully, "I have to get my grandson, nephew, niece, to open my email." I am the teacher people assume still uses the overhead. I am none of these, and young or old, no teacher should be. This is the 21st century and our students are 21st century digital learners!