Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A City Education: How Teamwork Creates a Dream Classroom - Education - GOOD

A City Education: How Teamwork Creates a Dream Classroom - Education - GOOD:


A City Education: How Teamwork Creates a Dream Classroom

angie.blanks
In our A City Education series, two City Year corps members share their experiences working as tutors and mentors in schools in hopes of closing the achievement gap and ending the dropout crisis.
When I think about the meaning of teamwork, I look back on my middle school softball days. My team had one common goal: To win. If somebody struck out at the end of a game, we didn't consider it her fault we lost. We were a team and understood that every action any one of us made changed the game.
At City Year, our success depends on similar teamwork. Everything we do and say affects each other. My team