Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 30, 2012

More lasts. « Fred Klonsky

More lasts. « Fred Klonsky:


More lasts.

I’m having my morning coffee far from my Logan Square home on the last Friday of my last Spring break.
Brooklyn.
I checked the Internet for how things are going with my brothers and sisters in Rockford who walked out yesterday after trying to bargain for a year with their board of education.
It looks like they are still out today. I read that a couple of Tea Baggers tried to crash the picket line yesterday, but that the 2,000 members of the REA gave them a time out.
Take a minute and go to www.reaiea.org and send a message of support.
A few hundred miles south of Brooklyn teachers and parents are gathering in DC to Occupy the Department of Education.
Occupy the DOE are representing those that are fed up with the Duncan and Obama policies of too much