Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 25, 2012

“Vegan” Is Not a Four-Letter Word | The G Bitch Spot

“Vegan” Is Not a Four-Letter Word | The G Bitch Spot:

“Vegan” Is Not a Four-Letter Word

Bryant Terry has a sane attitude toward food that I agree with and it’s a good interview. I agree with him that

I don’t think any one diet is perfect for any one of us. I understand the benefits of the vegan life, but I’m not the guy who would say everyone should be vegan. I think each person should embrace a diet for a healthy well-being. What one person might need versus another is dependent on so many different things: bodily constitutions, geographic locations, what our ancestors ate, what season it is. I also encourage people to think about the way they want animals and the environment to be treated. Then, choose a diet based on all those things, rather than choosing the title or the label.

Being mostly-vegan works for me. I do not care if others eat meat but if they ask, I will tell what I’ve learned and what I avoid. I don’t mind cheese, except sometimes. Dairy products and I do not get along so I live quite well without them. I like the focus on vegetables, fruits and proteins other than meat and milk and have felt