Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday coffee + Mea Culpa + Old school. « Fred Klonsky

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky:

Saturday coffee.


It was just me and the baristas at Peet’s this morning.
Anne is with the kids and grand kids in Brooklyn for the weekend.
It’s a guy’s weekend at home. Just me and Ulysses.
The temperature is hovering around 12 degrees with a wind chill below zero. I’ll bundle up and take Uly out for a

Hope College. Mea Culpa.


Ben Velderman of AEG does not represent the students of Hope College.
Back last March when Ben Velderman of the right-wing anti-union Michigan-based Education Action Group had made a FOIA request of my work emails, I ran a post about his alma mater, Hope College.
Without much investigation, I suggested it was an intolerant place.
Lately I have received some emails from Hope alums telling me that Velderman does not represent or reflect the


Old school.

Roger Miller.
This is a favorite of the Carpenter Ukulele Society.