Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Classroom’s Simple Pleasures! Smiling/Laughing Allowed! « Diary of a Public School Teacher!

A Classroom’s Simple Pleasures! Smiling/Laughing Allowed! « Diary of a Public School Teacher!:

A Classroom’s Simple Pleasures! Smiling/Laughing Allowed!

clip art cartoon of 5 students smiling arm in arm

After reading Angela Maier’s 12 Things Kids Want from Their Teachers, I thought about the things in my classroom that really make my kids happy. I mean, besides the normal stuff, like getting an education, becoming global learners, using technology, etc… I mean the simple things that help you remember that they are just kids after all.

1. When I Laugh: I don’t mean a smile, a grin, or even a chuckle. I mean laugh until I cry. Now this doesn’t happen too often, so when it does, it really cracks them up!

2. A High-Five or Bumping Elbow at the End of the Day: Each child gets one. Every day. Even the students who are upset with me (or me with them) for whatever reason,