Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Daily Kos: Lifting the digital curtain - a white male asks support for people of color

Daily Kos: Lifting the digital curtain - a white male asks support for people of color:


Lifting the digital curtain - a white male asks support for people of color

"The key to winning the Pepsi Refresh grant is accumulating daily voters. Netroots Nation has agreed to help us organize to win this grant. Sign up at this link to receive an email once a day providing you links to vote. Once the contest is over, win or lose, the email list will be deleted and your email won't be shared with anyone. So please help us recruit all the daily voters you can, and we can do this."
TFLS - Lauren -  asked me to contribute to this series.  She wants to continue to make NN more diverse, and through the Pepsi Challenge hopes to be able to again bring people of color, from her part of New Mexico, to Providence.
I am a White Middle-Class male.  There are lots of me at these conventions.  I will learn more with greater diversity, as I have learned from the diversity in the families of my wife and myself.
And New Mexico is especially dear to our hearts.
Let me explain.