Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The EduTalk: Teacher Voices Define Our Choices: Occupy the Classroom

The EduTalk: Teacher Voices Define Our Choices: Occupy the Classroom:

Occupy the Classroom


If Occupy in its infancy has some of the characteristics of a child, it makes me wonder what should be preserved and what refined and matured. I ask myself where innocence should be maintained and where boundaries become practical and necessary. I think of the movement's struggle to forge a community out of diverse classes of people who have made their way to various sites of encampment or protest. As a teacher and union representative, I am aware that some in our association balk at the prospect of teachers standing shoulder to shoulder with the homeless, addicted and