Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Someone Appears to be Listening

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Someone Appears to be Listening:

Someone Appears to be Listening

I attended the Denny/Sealth press conference and ribbon-cutting for Denny today. The Superintendent had a press conference and I was glad I attended. (Can I just say that boy I miss Linda Shaw and Phyllis Fletcher when they aren't there? Most of these reporters are clueless.)

The Superintendent had a lot of pep rally points that we've heard from her focus for this school year. But there was some more up-to-date info on certain subjects.

Highlights:
  • She was asked about capacity management in West Seattle. She said that they had a team of staff and community working to help work on this issue (she didn't say but I assumed she meant the Demographics Taskforce). She said that the district wanted to be "prepared in advance and not just