Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Guest Post: Feminism: Much More than Women’s Rights « Feminist Teacher

Guest Post: Feminism: Much More than Women’s Rights « Feminist Teacher:

Guest Post: Feminism: Much More than Women’s Rights

Meiling Jabbaar, former high school feminism student, and Ileana Jiménez (Feminist Teacher).

Last year, I launched an on-going guest post series written by my former high school students reflecting on the impact of learning feminism(s) in high school. To mark the beginning of the school year and to inspire teachers to bring a feminist vision to their curricula, I’m posting a piece written by my former student, Meiling Jabbaar, who took my course on feminism her senior year last fall. In this essay, Meiling teaches all of us that learning