Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaching and Learning will still Suffer Despite Proposed “Flexibility” in NCLB | The Classroom Sooth

Teaching and Learning will still Suffer Despite Proposed “Flexibility” in NCLB | The Classroom Sooth

Teaching and Learning will still Suffer Despite Proposed “Flexibility” in NCLB

Since I have started teaching, I always welcome the first day of the year. I never sleep the night before, but it is not an anxious time, it is an exciting time. I am even a little jealous of Track E teachers that get to start a month earlier than I.

The anxiety doesn’t come in September, but it usually begins in January, and that doesn’t have to do with the end of winter break, but rather a beginning of the “Testing Season.” Testing Season, formerly known as “spring,” is the time of the year when all the really valuable learning that had been going on through December is then set