Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Jersey Jazzman: Transparency For Thee, Not For Me

Jersey Jazzman: Transparency For Thee, Not For Me

Transparency For Thee, Not For Me

Whitney Tilson is sick - sick, I tell ya! - of these paid union shills who won't tell us where they get their money!
I’m going to be writing a lot about the book in future emails, but I want to start with the most important revelation: Diane Ravitch has been getting paid A LOT of money by the unions in the form of speaker fees – Brill estimates $10,000 per appearance and $200,000 over the past year – which by itself isn’t a problem EXCEPT that: a) she’s never disclosed these large payments, which anyone listening to her should know about; and b) she’s a total hypocrite for criticizing reformers like me for supposedly making a lot of money from our activities (when in truth I’ve never taken a SINGLE PENNY and have instead given