Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Daily Kos: Teacher Prep Week

Daily Kos: Teacher Prep Week

Teacher Prep Week

began on Monday. We reported at 8:30 for coffee, donuts, and bagels and a chance to settle down and greet one another, followed by the first of many meetings this week. By the end of the meeting we had our keys and could go to start setting up our rooms - of course I had not waited, arriving at 7 AM, getting a custodian to unlock my door so I could at least unload my car.

I did not leave school yesterday until 5:30 PM. People don't realize how much there is to do. Retrieve personal items of furniture from a locked office, get books from the book room, starting decorating your walls. In my case I had to totally rearrange the desks in the room to work for my style of instruction - teacher's desk in a back

Looks like Kenosha County coming through

Kenosha County is reporting results for their county faster than either AP or Journal-Sentinal.

And with 27/95 precincts reporting, the Dem has jumped ahead

Candidates Votes %
Robert W. Wirch (DEM) 11268 54.46
Jonathan Steitz (REP) 9395 45.4
Write-in 29 0.14

and yep, with 46 precincts in: