Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Daily Kos: the "Teacher Organ Program" - a creative way of school financing #SOSMarch

Daily Kos: the "Teacher Organ Program" - a creative way of school financing

the "Teacher Organ Program" - a creative way of school financing

Anyone around schools has seen the desperate lengths to which educators and parents are now going attempting to maintain programs, both academic and extra-curricular.

While at the Save Our Schools March and National Call to Action last weekend, I encountered a woman who had had a biting letter published in a local newspaper. I have her permission to publish it in its entirety, which I will do. We cannot, however, link to or in any way directly reference the publication in which it appeared. I do want to offer that publication kudoes for having the courage to print the letter, which I now present to you:

Thinking outside the box

The problem with school financing is that we haven’t gotten creative enough. While in college, my