Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 29, 2011

A Student Voice: Emma « Cooperative Catalyst

A Student Voice: Emma « Cooperative Catalyst

A Student Voice: Emma

The following is a guest post by Emma Gore, a rising 9th grader. She’d like to add her voice to the chorus of folks wanting to save our schools from the mediocrity of centering on standardized testing rather than a real education. Please respond.

Feels like a Disney Movie

When I was four, I was incredibly enthusiastic to learn and be a part of the schooling process I had heard so much about. When I walked through the kindergarten doors, the handle higher than my head, I knew I was going to change, however unsure how. The people around me, the world, it was all going to change because we were going learn something of substance and value. Simply the fact that we were being educated meant that