Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Won’t Deny It [My Ambitionz As A Ridah] | The Jose Vilson

I Won’t Deny It [My Ambitionz As A Ridah] | The Jose Vilson

I Won’t Deny It [My Ambitionz As A Ridah]

Tupac Amaru Shakur

One of my NYC teacher friends posited that I was popular. I laughed. Hard. The one thing to keep in mind, my people, is that I have a hard time talking about myself in depth. On the web, I’ve gotten gracious amounts of praise (all of which I’m humbled by) but in my district, I think I’ve also maintained a fair share of notoriety. I tend to listen a lot more than I speak, and I nod a lot until I find the best place and time to say something. She asked me to write about why it is that I laughed so hard at her question, but before I accepted that offer, I replied with this: What’s the realistic difference between infamy and popularity.

Simple. It’s about intention.

Whenever I enter a conversation, my intentions depend highly on the audience, what I know beforehand about