Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, May 2, 2011

I’m not feeling safer. I’m not feeling appreciated. But we flew some kites and that made me feel good. « Fred Klonsky's blog

I’m not feeling safer. I’m not feeling appreciated. But we flew some kites and that made me feel good. « Fred Klonsky's blog

I’m not feeling safer. I’m not feeling appreciated. But we flew some kites and that made me feel good.

We have had a very wet April. It has rained twenty days out of the month.

April is when I make kites with my kindergarten and first grade classes. And part of the deal is that we go outside and fly them. Which we can’t do if it is raining. Or if there is a threat of a thunderstorm.

My Monday classes finished making their kites weeks ago. They are filled with drawings of rocket ships and monsters, rainbows and princesses.

But we didn’t get to fly them until today. A sunny, blustery, tear-the-kite-into-shreds kind of day.

They loved it. And so did I.