Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 25, 2011

Daily Kos: The sounds of morning

Daily Kos: The sounds of morning

The sounds of morning

I got up at 5 AM, preparing my body for tomorrow, the first day after Spring break. It is warm in the house, 73 degrees downstairs, where for security reasons the windows were closed overnight. They are now open, to let in the slightly cooler (65 degrees) air before the sun comes up.

There are few sounds from the house itself, other than the mild clicking as I type on the keyboard of my MacBook. But through the open window are the morning calls of several dozen birds.

Several of our cats sit in the windows, the one open here in the livingroom, another in the adjacent dining room. Their feline instinct keeps them alert.

And I remember the past, all because of the sounds of this morning.