Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Timothy D. Slekar: Education DEFORM and Media Hearing Loss

Timothy D. Slekar: Education DEFORM and Media Hearing Loss

A wonderful colleague of mine recently pointed out that I may lack patience and that sometimes I have a tough time realizing that it just may take a little longer to get accomplished what clearly needs to be accomplished.

Translation: I see the destructive forces massing against the American public education system and I'm extremely worried about the consequences. I regularly complain that no one is listening and that all the credible critics of the current reform movement may be wasting their time writing to each other. In fact, I'm convinced that unless something changes dramatically, the end of public education in America is inevitable.

  • Was Gerald Bracey wrong when he helped us understand how statistics in public education are manipulated for political purposes?
  • How many lectures and invited talks does Diane Ravitch have to do before someone