Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 3, 2011

Then There’s the Folks Who Like Their Schools – Lily's Blackboard

Then There’s the Folks Who Like Their Schools – Lily's Blackboard

Then There’s the Folks Who Like Their Schools

The friends of my friends down the street are from Norway. She works for the Norwegian embassy. He owns an accounting business. They lived in Maryland for a while before moving back to Norway with their two sons and, thanks to my friends, I met this very nice couple and got to make polite conversation and ask them if they had liked living in the United States. They did. I got to ask them what they missed about the United States after moving back to Norway.

“Well,” they said, as if it would be obvious and didn’t really need to be mentioned. “Of course, you have such excellent schools.”

I blinked. They did not know I was a