Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 5, 2010

BOE Member: Excitement Got Better of Me in Exchange with Governor - Chatham, NJ Patch

BOE Member: Excitement Got Better of Me in Exchange with Governor - Chatham, NJ Patch

BOE Member: Excitement Got Better of Me in Exchange with Governor

Chatinover 'mortified' by his portrayal in the media following town hall meeting.

Board of Education member Jonathan Chatinover admitted "my excitement may have gotten the better of me" when he addressed Gov. Chris Christie at a town hall meeting on Friday in Parsippany.

"I would not disagree with the characterization that I was antagonistic," Chatinover said Saturday. "Not to defend myself, but … Gov. Christie's approach is extremely antagonistic, and sometimes I think you need to not back down from that kind of antagonistic treatment."

Chatinover attended the meeting expecting a straightforward question-and-answer session. "Maybe I'm just a little naïve. I thought … he'd be there to answer questions," he said. "He did answer questions, but after a 45-minute speech