Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanks by teacherken Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Thanks

Share4 2

Tue Nov 16, 2010 at 03:18:19 AM PST

This is American Education Week. It is a time to focus on those who play important roles in education. Were one to go to this page at the NEA website, one would see that there are many who play roles, including support personnel and substitutes, parents as well as teachers. This week we honor all.

For me, especially after a weekend in which I was able to refocus myself on what is important for me, I find that I am in a very thankful mood, albeit 9 days before our officially celebration of thanks-giving..

This morning I wish to offer thanks to many who have made my journey as a teacher possible. Some are those who are included in the recognitions of this week.

Some are people I have never met, but their words have inspired me.

Some are people known here.

I am honored to share my thanks with those who choose to read my words.

Those I mention serve as representatives for the many hundreds I could and probably should mention.

Now let me begin my thanks.

Thanks to those of my teachers who taught me about caring for every student, no matter how difficult. To Jimmy Block, the piano teacher who bore with me and praised my playing of Bach. To Thomas Rock who challenged me to live up to my potential, then entrusted me with teaching his students when he was away. To John Davison who lived a life of loving every student who entered his classroom at