Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, October 29, 2010

Arkansas school board member to resign over anti-gay post - CNN.com

Arkansas school board member to resign over anti-gay post - CNN.com

Arkansas school board member to resign over anti-gay post

By the CNN Wire Staff
October 29, 2010 4:06 a.m. EDT
Click to play
School leader: 'I went too far'
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • NEW: Clint McCance says his wife and children have left state over safety concerns
  • Clint McCance apologies for remarks, calls them "ignorant"
  • "I would never support suicide for any kids," he says after advocating suicide for homosexuals

(CNN) -- A school board district member in Arkansas who came under fire for an anti-gay post on a social networking site regrets the comments and will resign his seat, he told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Thursday.

"I'm sorry I've hurt people with my comments," Clint McCance, vice-president of the Midland School District in Pleasant Plains, Arkansas said. "I'm sorry I made those ignorant comments and hurt people on a broad spectrum."