Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Take a Deep Breath – Lily's Blackboard #education

Take a Deep Breath – Lily's Blackboard

Take a Deep Breath

Because I work for a large organization that represents 3.2 million American educators in our public schools, colleges and universities, I get to be on TV.
I got to talk to Lou Dobbs (before his views on immigration apparently became an embarrassment to his station, and they canceled his show.) I got to be theFriendless Friend on Fox & Friends. I’ve been interviewed on radio by Claudio Sanchez and Diane Rheam and the fast-talking syndicated show en español, Piolin in the Morning. I get to talk a lot about children and public education.
But I never get to know if I’ve connected.
(watch Lily at Netroots Nation with TPM)
The Netroots Nation conference of blogger-activists is over. There were no media stars signing autographs. There were no 7-second soundbite interviews where you hope against hope that there might be someone channel surfing through a