Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

MICHELLE RENEE - Founder, Rock to Stop Violence The Women’s Conference

MICHELLE RENEE - Founder, Rock to Stop Violence

MICHELLE RENEE - Founder, Rock to Stop Violence

    04/26/10 | Michelle Renee | 0 Comments
    Michelle Renee 175x250
    Michelle Renee, Founder, Rock to Stop Violence
    After my daughter and I survived a home invasion kidnapping and being held hostage for 14 hours as part of a bank robbery scheme, returning to my 13 year executive banking career was not an option. I began searching my heart for a way to combine my love for music with my passion for educating others about the realities of violence, abuse and trauma for women and girls. The answer: Rock To Stop Violence (www.rocktostop.org), an organization that brings the community together for non-violence through rock & roll music, art, and fashion.
    Passion alone, however, doesn’t equal success. Without action, patience, and the right team, your passion will not develop into a profitable venture.
    Here are my top five must do’s to help you be a take charge, live your dream, make a positive difference success:
    1. Take Personal Inventory: Make personal choices with healthy self-loving boundaries using my five favorite boundary setting words, “that doesn’t work for me.” Take personal inventory and cut out any personal drama and doubters and develop a successful personal infrastructure first.
    2. Don’t Treat Your Business Like Pasta: You have heard the old saying “throw everything up against the wall until something sticks” right? Great for pasta, not great for business. Before you begin to develop your business plan, develop a vision. Spend 10 minutes each day picturing what you want your business to look like, feel like, the type of people you want working with you, and how you see yourself operating it. Stick to your vision and adopt a “see” it before making it happen habit.
    3. Avoid Super Woman Syndrome: When I first started out I was a one super woman show. When I had finally attracted the world famous House of Blues and Rady Children’s Hospital Foundation as supporters for my second annual event, I had to learn to