Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 19, 2022

THIS WEEK'S WILDNESS Dad Gone Wild Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it

 Dad Gone Wild – Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it.


THIS WEEK'S WILDNESS 
Dad Gone Wild 
Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it




IT”S ALWAYS ABOUT THE DETAILS
“Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” ― P.J. O’Rourke I spent my formative years in a small rural community in the Pocono’s. For those of you not familiar, the Poconos are located about 60 miles south of New York City and maybe 75 miles north of Philadelphia. As such, they make an attractive option for those who wish to leave the cities and ex
FLIP FLOPPIN AWAY
“I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.” ― will smith Those of you who have done a little fishing likely are aware of what happens when you take a fish off the hook and it slips out of your fingers, dropping to the floor of the boat or dock. The fish immediately starts frantically flopping around in an effort to return to the water. The fish is blindly jumping all o
A REAL DAMP SQUIB
I have learned that the ambition of those who follow selfish precepts is no more than a chaotic waste, a finite gain that must be followed by infinite loss. For there is indeed a harmony in the universe, a concordant singing of commonweal. To join that song, one must find inner harmony, must find the notes that ring true. There is one other point to be made about that truth: Evil creatures cannot
IN SEARCH OF INFORMED PATRIOTISM
“Love truth, but pardon error.” ― Voltaire Yesterday I was traveling home from Luna Records when I passed the bus station. I did a quick double-take upon spotting my buddy Slotsky standing there with a suitcase in hand. “What the hell”, I think as I do a u-turn. I pull up a few feet from the stop and wave him over. “What are you doing?”, I ask. “Going on a peace corp mission”, he replies. “You’re

Dad Gone Wild – Nobody reads it, everybody quotes it.