Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 28, 2021

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Head, Shoulders, No Knees and Toes. Teaching Virtually.

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Head, Shoulders, No Knees and Toes. Teaching Virtually.
Head, Shoulders, No Knees and Toes. Teaching Virtually.



I miss my class. :( 

I miss being with my class. 

I see them every day, cameras, on, cameras off. A glimpse here, a glimpse there.

I saw them once, some of them, when they met me at the school to pick up their "gifts" I got from DonorsChoose. 

We saw each other in "real life!" So exciting!

I miss getting up and going out the door, fighting traffic, road raging at those who wish to make me late.

I miss rushing to get ready because I am not the teacher who is there an hour before school starts.

I miss chatting with my colleagues.

I miss high-fiving my students and teaching them that saying "Good Morning" when someone says it to you is normal.

I miss my planning time that moves at twice the speed of light.

I miss small group at the kidney table. Small group in class vs. Breakout rooms? Small CONTINUE READING: DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Head, Shoulders, No Knees and Toes. Teaching Virtually.